Friday, November 09, 2007

Ben's birthday pictures

Yes, I know his birthday was over a month ago, but due to our not having a computer for almost 6 weeks, I am still catching up. This are pictures from his party! We had such a great time playing baseball again!
Ryan and I have been watching Ace of Cakes at night. It inspired me to do a baseball bat and ball cake. Benjamin loved it!



Time is flying by, I can't believe he is already 3. He finally got the "birthday" thing this year. I think he is alreay excited about his birthday for next year!!

One funny story: (Well Ryan probably isn't laughing yet!) This story is truly the life of boys! 2 nights ago Ryan and his friend were putting together a deer tree stand (or something like that). The boys were outside "helping" him with the tools. Ryan was going a little crazy with the extra help because pretty soon the tools were everywhere. I just laughed to myself saying (to myself) welcome to my LIFE! After I put the boys down, Ryan was putting up his tools and trying to find the lost ones. Fast-forward to Friday morning. We put the boys in the car, it was a work day for me. I started backing out of the garage and stop to this horrible sound. Getting out of the car because I thought I had hit something, Ryan meeting me with that look of "What did you hit?" We inspected the back and car, nothing. I got back in the car and could not reverse it. I drove forward just a bit and tried it again. Same LOUD horrible noise. Ryan and I check under each tire and around the car again, nothing! At this point, I can not back up the car; it will not go!
Ryan gets in to move the car. Can't do it, so we goes forward. As he is putting it in reverse to go, I notice the tire. I screamed "Stop and get out"! Ryan wondering what is going on pops out to see me pointing to the tire - THAT HAS A SCREWDRIVER STUCK IN THE RIM OF IT!!! Somehow one of my angels stuck a screwdriver into the tire and caught it in the rim. Sweet Ryan ask which one did it. Yea right, even at 3 and 2 they are still not going to answer. So Ryan takes off the tire while I load the boys in his car to trot off to the babysitters. I so wished I would have taken a picture of the screwdriver in the tire, but Ryan was not in the mood for pictures!!!

4 comments:

jenny biz said...

Happy late Birthday, Ben!! so impressed with the bat cake!! That is hilarious about the screw driver!! Don't you love those kind of "surprises":)

Pearson Family said...

HILARIOUS! I wish you would have taken a picture.

Darby said...

Happy birthday, Sweet Benjamin.

All I can say about the tire is LOL!

Margaret K said...

Great cake! About the screw driver, I guess you just have to laugh or you'll cry sometimes. Too funny!