Friday, October 15, 2010

Day 1 of Disney World

On the safari ride, you are up close and personal with animals. I think Carter took this picture. On the second ride, I let him have the camera to snap shots of the animals. He is becoming a little photographer.
The boys went googey eyes when they saw her. I not going to even try to spell her name!

I love the place for character places. But you have to check the times, we almost never made it on time to get pictures. The boys could pick I character (all the time they had left before going in), they chose Bolt!


As you can see, Carter has NO fear, unlike the one on the right that wouldn't get any closer!




First day, first park - giddy smiles! The boys were matching shirts all days. A tip to those going - it was very easy to spot my children. Carter has his pins around his neck. My sister sent them pins to trade. They loved this, it was a fun side game we had to try and find really cool pins.



Ryan had a business meeting in Orlando the last week of September, so we decided that would be a good time to meet up with him and head to Disney. Now, I need to say this was our first Disney experience! Carter flew with Ryan earlier and spent time with his grandparents, Pops and Honey, while Ryan went to his conference. I must say, it is very different (not easier/not harder) with having just 1 child for 5 days. Benjamin and I few to Florida together to meet up with the rest of our family. We hit Animal Kingdom first, the boys favorite ride was the safari jeep ride. They loved looking at all the animals and riding along bumping around in the jeep. In fact, we did the ride twice. Ryan, his father, and I rode the Yheti (don't know if I spelled that correctly), but it is a scary (but quite fun) roller coaster. We also enjoyed the one of the water rides (the smart ones (Honey, myself, and the kids)) were smart and wore ponchos. The other 2 were wet all day! The boys did not like the 3-d movie "It's hard to be a bug," too many things jumped out and to much loud noises. After we spent a full day at Animal Kingdom, we checked into our hotel and went to Downtown Disney. D Disney is a neat boardwalk with places to eat and shops. Our favorite, of course, was Legoland.

No comments: