Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Birthday Weekend!

Happy Birthday Daddy!
Ryan with his Sunday school class singing "Happy birthday."
Ryan showing Ben how to put the helmet on! This is Ryan's helmet from his junior high days! It is now one of Banjamin's favorite play items!

Happy Birthday Triplets!

Rich (baby Vaughn), Ryan (Ben and Dylan), Doug (Carter)

When there are triplets in the family, the birthday celebration turns into a week long adventure. I surprised Ryan this year with his present. Usually he knows what he is getting or he buys it WAY ahead of time, and then tells me that is his birthday present - Don't buy anything!!! Well this year, with the help of my parents and his brother, I surprised him with a shotgun he had been dreaming about! I purchased it about a month again after consulting with lots of people about the right one to get him. I kept it at my parents for over a month, and then my mother brought it and hid it at the house when she was keeping the boys. I gave in and gave it to him early during the week (birthday on Sunday) because I wanted him to enjoy it over the weekend. You know when you are expecting a great reaction because the gift is awesome. Well I got nothing! I got nothing because he was in SHOCK!!! It took him several minutes to recover from opening it. I gave it to him early also because I didn't want him opening it in front of the boys. Even though guns are apart of our lives, I didn't want Ben to see him get excited about the gun. Thursday night I took Ryan out to eat Texas de Brazil. If you have never eaten there, it is an adventure. I recommend that you starve yourself for several days, so you are able to eat more. Friday and Saturday we went over to his parents to visit with them and the other brothers. Saturday night was their birthday dinner. His parents cooked dinner and the wives brought the cakes. I was pumped about Ryan's cake. For several days, he kept telling me, I don't want a cake. Don't do anything, this isn't a big deal. Which if you know my husband, that doesn't sound right. Anything that involves him, he likes for it to be big. I searched for a recipe, and I made a peanut butter cake with chocolate buttercream frosting, can I just say YUMMY!!!!! It was fabulous! Sunday, I made muffins and took juice for his Sunday school class, he is the assistant to the 4 year olds!! they sang happy birthday to him. He was embarrassed, but the kids had fun! Then after church off we went to my parents for another party and gun bonding time!!!

5 comments:

jenny biz said...

Happy Birthday Ryan!! Sounds like he had a very special b-day, thanks to his great wife:)

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fun week! Please share your PB cake and frosting! Scott LOVES PB and Choc. desserts!

Darby said...

So glad that you guys continued the celebration...and go you for surprising Ryan!

Margaret K said...

Good times! It must be fun to have a triple birthday!

courtney said...

Happy (BELATED) birthday, Ryan!