Monday, December 03, 2007

Celebrate life!


Pics of the boys

I didn't have a chance to blog on Friday or for that matter over the weekend. As I am home this Monday afternoon and the boys are watching their new "Frosty the Snowman" movie, I have a few minutes. Last Friday 11/30 is a day that I always dread. There are not a lot of things I dread, but I dread that day. Mainly because in the past I have felt sad all day, partly because I add the sadness to myself. I tried to make the day as enjoyable as I could for myself, and I have to say I did a pretty good job. I took my students on a field trip to the mall. (I teach Apparel and Textiles, so it is not a stretch to go to the mall.) I can't complain spending my workday at the mall, right. Ryan and Benjamin went camping, so my mother came over to spend the night with Carter and I and do a little shopping on Saturday. As crazy as this sounds, I feel closest to my father when my mother is around, so it was actually nice to spend the anniversary of my father's death with her for part of the night. Also 1 sweet angel topped off the evening by teaching me a valuable lesson that I was wanting to learn. Life is about celebrating! I dread 11/30 because he physically isn't here anymore with us. I should use that day to celebrate his life, my life, my children's life, and new lives that form everyday.

3 comments:

Pearson Family said...

I love you!

jenny biz said...

You rock, Angie M! I sure miss you!

Darby said...

BIG HUGS!