Thursday, September 03, 2009

School, Zoo, Bike and more!

Tuesday was Carter first day of school for this year. He is attending the Mother's Day out on Tuesdays. I think he was really excited to go back. I also think he enjoyed going by himself. No tears shed, he ran over to the toys and waved bye! Ben and I had a great day spending time together, I even think he missed his brother - A LOT!
I took this picture when I picked Carter up!

We finally made it to Brookfield Zoo. If you know us, you know we LOVE going to the zoo. We went with friends and had a great time. How is it compared to the Ft. Worth Zoo - Brookfield is spread out (has a lot more land), it also has many play area that are shaded, different animals (camel, polar bars, etc.). I think FW actually has more animals, the reptile area is definitely bigger (since my kids LOVE snakes, I have to go into it and cringe when I see a snake - only 4 at Brookfield). There was a dinosaur exhibit going on, so the boys were in heaven. We are looking forward to going back, and we still need to hit Lincoln Park Zoo!


This is the boys bike trailer that I haul behind my bike! Talk about a workout, they are heavy! Since the boys and I go during the day, I thought it would be easier to keep it on my bike instead of moving it back and forth from Ryan's bike!



This is the whole set up, check my new bike! Since the weather never gets hot here, we can ride anytime during the day. It is great to get up and ride to a park - I enjoy the break too! We have great trails here that make it easy to get anywhere!





3 comments:

Pearson Family said...

Love the bike and the update! Ben is looking so old! You tell them to stop growing. I am glad that Carter did well at MDO. Can't wait to see yoU!

Margaret K said...

Sounds like you guys have had some great times this summer. That bike trailer does look heavey!

Becky Lynch said...

I miss you, too! I miss our trips to the zoo! I am so happy to hear that you guys are having such wonderful weather.