Monday, April 30, 2007

Family, Fun, and lots of Desserts!

London loving on Carter during a break from her soccer game!
London & Carter after church!
This weekend Carter and I surprised Brad, Robin, and London by taking a roadtrip to Kingwood! My mom already was planning on going, she flew down a couple of hours before we arrived. Ryan took Benjamin on a Merriman camping trip. I will blog with pictures later from that trip (waiting on pictures from the SIL's). I hadn't seen my sister or sweet London since Spring Break, so I decided what a good weekend to go down there. Mom had everything planned out just right. Her and London were going to treat Robin and Brad to a special dinner at Pappasito's (London's favorite place to eat). I was going to show up there to surprise them. Timing worked out perfect. I arrived at the restuarant as they were sitting down. I called mom and she took London outside to meet us. I wished I would have taken a picture of London's face when she saw us. It was worth the 4 hour trip down there. And then Robin came out to get Mom. When she saw us, she started crying! I mean CRYING!!!! We laughed because I don't think I ever seen her cry that much!!!! I was perfect. I LOVE eating out with my mother and sister because we always order DESSERT, usually 2 desserts and share. Friday night we had the Tres Leche cake and a Brownie Sundae (London's pick), I think Pappasito's make the best Tres Leche (my mom's matches it pretty close). After church on Sunday we went to Hasta La Pasta, after stuffing ourselves, yes we order more dessert! We had Carrot Cake (Brad's favorite) and Tiramisu. The tiramisu was delicious, I let the others eat the Carrot cake, I didn't want to waste my calories on it!!!!! We had such a great time spending the weekend together. I got to sleep with my London both nights, my mom took Carter duty! We got to watch London play soccer, her team is called the Ladybugs (boys are the Dragonflies). She loved on Carter the entire weekend. I can't wait until she comes and stays a week with us this summer! We were already making out our To-Do list for the week! I am looking forward to seeing her again for Mother's day. She is my little girl! Brad, Robin, and especially Mom, thanks for a FABULOUS weekend!

6 comments:

Pearson Family said...

So glad you got to spend some quality time with family. That is a great story of surprise!

Amy C said...

Such a great surprise. I can tell you adore little London. Cousins are so special. I get so excited when ours are here I forget to take picures.

Darby said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time...what a sweet surprise!

1literatimommy said...

Sounds like such a fun weekend. And, I am totally starving for tres leches cake now!

Margaret K said...

What a great weekend! You are brave with the four hour drive.

jenny biz said...

What sweet cousins!! I love that their team name is the Ladybugs!