Friday, June 01, 2007

Crazy Boys!


Benjamin helping me roll out and bake 24 pizza crust for church Wednesday night!
Carter is standing on a toy truck balancing himself!
Carter is our "free spirited" silly boy!
Wow, what a week. Ryan went out of town on Tuesday, this was my first week out of school, plus I cooked dinner at church on Wednesday night. It seems this week has lasted forever! I do have several stories from the boys this week.
Benjamin: He is my little helper, he loves cooking in the kitchen. He pulls the chair to the side of the cabinet and he pretends to cook. On Tuesday, together we rolled out 24 pizza crust and baked them. He thought he was in heaven. He especially like to play with the spatula and act like he is flipping pancake. Today, we were eating lunch on the deck, Benjamin drops a part of his ice cream on the deck. He lays down on the deck and licks the ice cream off the floor. This is before I could do anything! We are starting to potty train or at least acknowledge that there is a potty in the house. He says he wants to go, but then stage fright hits when we step up to the plate. We have a bucket of toys he gets to choose from when he does finally go, and any tips on potty training would definitely help!
Carter: Other than the fact he wants his pacifier in his mouth 24/7, he is growing like crazy. He is starting to say more things. On command from older brother, he will "moo" like a cow. It is pretty funny! He is teething with the bottom molars now, fun times. But I have to say the funniest thing (don't know if it is appropriate for me to think this is funny) happened this week at McDonalds. I took the boys to eat there on Tuesday night when my kitchen was covered in pizza crust and tomato sauce. We had a nice meal and then the boys got down to play. Another family of 4 chidren were there too. The mother went and got ice cream for them, and the kids ate it in the play area. (Side note: okay mom, not the best place when other kids are around to let your kids eat ice cream in the PLAY AREA, at least sit down at the tables) Carter saw it and went following the kids around with his tongue out of his mouth. Finally Benjamin saw it and asked for ice cream, I knew there was no way around not getting ice cream. Plus, ice cream is a great way to end such a delicious meal at Mickey D's! So I put Carter and Ben in the small area to play, checked the counter ( no one there) and took off quickly with my money. I looked back, boys were good and playing. I was gone less then 2 minutes. When I walk back in the room, I find the smallest girl in the ice cream family crying with mom holding her and the ice cream was missing a portion of it. My sweet, precious, innocent little Carter had tackled her, bit her on the arm, and swiped the ice cream! Yes, I said it, my little man went to war for ice cream. This was truly the first time I have ever been embarrased by either of my children. I didn't know what to say. Thank goodness the mother thought it was no big deal. She even made the comment, I don't think he actually bit her, I think he just put his mouth up to her arm. Like I said at the time, I was mortified. On the way home, I started laughing out lous. Leave it to my kid to take another child (smallest girl for that matter) for ice cream!

7 comments:

Margaret K said...

That is so funny about Carter! How many cups of flour does it take to make 24 pizza crusts? I can't believe you made all of that dough. We potty trained Patrick outside, but, watch out because they will go in the neighbor's yard, the park, church parking lot, etc.

Beth said...

Yes, boys are the greatest! You never know what to expect. The pizza on Wed. night was awesome. You are amazing!

Darby said...

You are superwoman...24 pizzas!?!?!?!

Your boys are so precious and fun...can't wait to spend the week with you all at the beach. I will tell Vaughn to watch out for cousin Carter when there is ice cream involved. LOVE YOU GUYS!

Audra said...

I finally had to register with Google so that I could comment! Ben and Carter are just precious- you're going to have such a fun summer!

jenny biz said...

WHat great memories you are making with your boys. You are a woman of so many talents!! You amaze me!!

Beth said...

Angie... love your blog. Our email is mrk_tanner@yahoo.com

jen armstrong said...

can you blame a boy for being serious about his ice cream?
they're so adorable, angie!!!