Tuesday, June 26, 2007

My Birthday Cake!

The boys looking in awe of my cake.
Up close shot of my birthday cake. If you look close on the left side, you can see where Benjamin swipped through the icing.
Last week out of the blue Benjamin asked, "Mommy, don't you want an Ariel cake for your birthday?" I thought it was adorable, I simply replied, "How did you know." So then the Ariel cake was born. On Saturday, Ryan and the boys went to Marketplace to oder my Ariel cake. Benjamin insisted it had pink icing on it with Ariel in water. Last night when Ryan brought it home, Benjamin could barely sit still under after dinner to have a piece (or maybe that was just to eat the icing). He was so excited about the cake, it was precious.
Why Ariel you ask, several reasons! London (my sister's child) has red curly hair like Ariel, Ariel is London's favorite princess, so it is Benjamin's favorite princess too, and Ariel lives under the sea with all the other fish and that is really cool to Benjamin (plus, we just got back from the beach where Ariel lives in the ocean). We are giong to my mother's tomorrow on my actual birthday, but we celebrated my "family" birthday on Monday night with the boys. I figured I could work a couple of birthday dinners if I started celebrating early! I will not blog for a couple of days due to the fact will be in J-town and my parents still do not have an answering machine so computers are definitely not a priority, so I wanted to tell my mother, "Happy Birthday on Thursday!" You are an awesome example of a loving mother and a Godly woman! I am glad we are spending the day with you, Love you!

7 comments:

courtney said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ANGIE!!!

Margaret K said...

Happy Birthday! When you said Benjamin wanted you to have an Ariel cake, I didn't know you would really get one! So fun!

Amy C said...

I love your cake. Happy Birthday.

I am loving the beach pictures. I wish I could just pack up and move to the beach right now it looks so good.

Too bad I am not independantly wealthy. I am not into sleeping in a box on the beach.

Pearson Family said...

Happy Birthday! LOVE the cake

Darby said...

Happy Birthday...what a neat princess cake! Benjamin did a great job picking it out!

1literatimommy said...

cool cake. i love it. glad you had a good birthday.

rhonda said...

Ahhh! Too cute and he surprised you with ALL the princesses!