Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Cruisin on the Baltic

After Copenhagen, we had 1 day at sea. So most of the day, I ate. I thought I would write the blog about the yummy food on the cruise. We were on the boat for 10 days, we started in Denmark, and then traveled to Sweden, Finland, Russia, Estonia, Poland, Germany, and then back to Denmark. The picture above was one of my favorite desserts. I can't remember the "technical" name for it, but the brown things are cream puffs. It was covered with fruit, chocolate, and cream. The only problem with a cruise, you fall in love with a dessert, but you only get it once!!! As you can tell, I am a freak that takes pictures of the food. Only I left my camera in the room for half the meals, the good meals: lobster, crab legs, etc. Here are just a few neat ones.
This one is called The love boat. It was pure chocolate and YUMMY! Believe it or not, I could eat it all. Or maybe it was because I had already had 4 courses before it! I thought it was nicely decorated!
Shrimp night, need I say more. My sister did it right, she just order shrimp. They brought her a full plate of just shrimp.
Ryan and I before dinner one night.
This was not my dessert due to the fact it didn't have much chocolate on the plate. It was a lemon poppyseed parfait. I thought it looked cool!



As you can tell from the above pictures, I ate my way through the Baltic Sea. And unlike my wonderful husband that worked out every night, I came back with a few, few, few pounds! Well, I hope I will be telling myself it is worth it this week while I am running off the chocolate I thought I MUST eat last week. The coolest thing about the ship was afternoon tea. If you don't know I am a huge hot tea junkie. I think coffee is over-rated. The real money is hot tea. So the afternoons we were on the boat, I was having high tea. I can still taste the warm scones with sweet cream butter, YUM! I had to drag my family with me the first day, after that they came on their own free will, except Ryan. I still couldn't convince him tea was for men too!

3 comments:

Amy C said...

Lets do tea. I love it too! I think I would have brought home several pounds too!

Darby said...

Just looking at this post makes me hungry!!!

1literatimommy said...

Those desserts look awesome. I am totally craving that shrimp plate, too. What a fun adventure!