Monday, July 30, 2007

Tallinn, Estonia

This picture looks over the "old" city.
Marzipan was created here in Tallinn. This is a cake decorated with marzipan. Sidenote: Marzipan is my favorite especially with chocolate! The marzipan museum was here.
Town square, the buildings were homes and stores of the towns people. The more space (wide) the store, the more money you had. I would hate to be the gray one on the far left!
Ryan and I were walking through the streets and ran across this restaurant. The menu was full of Tex Mex things, it did make me miss home! The restaurant had the Texas flag by the door, very cool!
This is the wall that separates the "old" city from the new part. All of the government, shops, and more expensive homes were in the old part. The new part looked very different, more industrial or commercial astmosphere.
To tell you the truth, I had never heard of the country Estonia before the trip. It too was such a delight. The town was beautiful, very quaint feeling. Ryan and I took a 3 1/2 hour walking tour of the city. Doing this, I really felt that I got to know the city. The main "shopping" here was knitted items. Needless to say, I didn't get anything. They were neat items, just not my taste!



2 comments:

1literatimommy said...

Estonia looks lovely. I would really like to visit there sometime. Thanks so much for posting your trip pics and little stories with each. I have had a blast reading your blog.

Margaret K said...

Estonia is one of the three Baltic states and the reason I know this is because Chuck's dad had a summer home on the Black Sea in Latvia (one of the three Baltic states) while growing up. Otherwise, I would be clueless! I would love to visit there, too.