Monday, August 28, 2006

Contagious Joy


I went to a WOF (Women of Faith) conference this past weekend. I had a great time listening to the speakers and spending time with the girls. It made me think about the "joys" I have in my life.
I am very joyful and thankful that I have a wonderful husband that loves being a father. When I go places, he steps in and doesn't miss a beat. I never worry when they are with him, he loves the alone time with them. The boys bring so much joy to my life. I can't help stopping and laughing at the crazy things they do, or watching how they figure something out.
I am joyful for the friends I have in my life. For instance today, 2 nutty friends went to the zoo with me. Yes, it was raining, but we went anyway. We had a great time. The great thing about going to the zoo when it is raining: NO ONE is there (I think maybe 20 people were there today, we made up 7), we were wet and cool (usually we are wet too, but that is from sweating due to the heat), and all the animals were out! We have never seen the lions out playing and running, they were adorable. The boys had so much fun stomping in all the water puddles! I don't even think they knew it was raining.
I have to share one more "joyful" story with you. I have a best friend from college who is going to experience so much joy this week. She and her husband have been trying for 4 years to have a baby. They had many struggles, defeats, and downfalls. But this week, she will give birth to TWINS! (I am thinking this week because she stops her medicine that has kept her from having them too early.) I just think what joy the twins are going to bring to her life, and how long she has been wanting and waiting for a precious angel - now she gets 2! Good Luck Ann - I love ya!

6 comments:

Darby said...

YAY! Sounds like the zoo was fun, maybe Vaughn and I can venture out with you one day in the next couple of months!

Congrats to your friend...that is awesome!

Pearson Family said...

So much fun...I loved the apes! I feel JOY thinking of my friends....Thanks for being such a great friend!

Wow, what blessings for your friend.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your "contagious joy." How fun to run around the zoo in the rain!

Margaret K said...

Congratulations to your friend! What a wonderful miracle.

Glad you had fun at the zoo and it was cooler today. I finally got to take Patrick on a bike ride while pushing Nicholas in the stroller. He is 11 weeks old and this was his first outdoor outing b/c of the awful heat. Thank you God for the rain!

Amy C said...

Congrats for your friend. Your very wet day at the zoo sounded great. I need to get my passes!

Phillips Family said...

What great fun to go to the zoo in the rain. Isaac just loved watching it, as he has seen very little rain in his lifetime.

Keep us posted about the twins--how exciting!