Saturday, August 12, 2006

Hook, Line, and Sinker!

Picture taken of Ryan and Ben fishing in January

Ask me how today went, and I will probably laugh out loud - sorry Ryan! Benjamin caught a 200+ daddy fish today! Ryan took Ben fishing this morning while Carter was asleep. I received a phone call from Ryan asking if I could please come get them, because Benjamin had "hooked" him and it was pretty bad. Okay, so pretty bad to me was lots of bleeding. I get Carter up, go back and get a clean towel "to clean up the area", and off we went in the car to the pond. From a distance I see Ryan sitting on the curb with Ben and the stroller. The closer I get the whiter Ryan is getting. As I am getting out of the car, I notice no bleeding - hummm! I look, the massive hook is STILL IN HIM!!! We talked about what to do, he tries to call a friend (JQ) that lives nearby to help me get the hook out of him, no answer. So, plan B. If you know Ryan, you know this couldn't get any worse because out of my mouth comes; well, you need a tetnus (did I spell that right?)shot anyway, so we need to go to the hospital. Okay, it just got worse for Ryan, he hates needles, doctors, machines, etc. On the way to the hospital, I remember no diaper bag, no food for either boy (feeding for both was approaching fast), and no purse! We get to the emergency clinic in TC, and up to the room we go (all of us and a stroller)! Then God sent an angel(s) via cell phone - the Quile's call. I quickly give Joel the update, and off him and Kim come to help out. Great timing because pain was starting to set in, and Benjamin didn't like the small room. Joel and I switch places; he gets to deal with Ryan, and Kim and I come home with the boys! 2 hours later, Ryan and Joel show up with the hook (out) and a bandage. Now if you are thinking how could a hook do this, well it was a rattle lure (ladies, that is something that looks like a small fish and has 3 hooks on each side, total about 6 hooks). If you want the gory details of pushing and pulling to get it out, ask Ryan. Ryan said the lure was going on Benjamin's wall of fame!

7 comments:

Pearson Family said...

I am smiling from ear to ear...not because Ryan got hurt, but because it is just funny! You should take a picture of the lure, just in case it gets misplaced so that you can remember it always. And...what was Ben doing using such a sophisticated lure!? Aren't 'angels' grand!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Wow! What a great story to tell Ben one day!

courtney said...

Are y'all going to mount the catch of the day above the mantle?

Darby said...

The funny thing to me about this is that I can totally see Ben playing with Ryan's rod, Ryan letting him and then getting hooked. When Rich called and told me about this yesterday it totally turned my stomach because it is like one of those things that happens in a gross-out movie like Something About Mary with the Zipper! OUCH, Ryan! So glad that mommy (and friends) were able to help Daddy.

The lure should DEFINITELY go on Ben's wall of fame.

Margaret K said...

I have to think JQ had to laugh as this was payback from when Ryan almost killed him with the nailgun!

Amy C said...

Ryan is such a catch!