Monday, July 10, 2006

Hot, Hot, Hot!

The boys and I went to the zoo for our weekly visit to see the animals. It is so much fun watching Benjamin look for the animals, talk to the animals, and anticipate what animals are coming next. He has turned into my tour guide. We rode the train 5 times today, it is one of our favorite things to do at the zoo. I thought it was interesting that we didn't have to wait in line for it, and I thought it was unusual that the zoo wasn't that crowded. Well, I quickly found out why - it was HOT, HOT, HOT! My boys were troupers. We went by ourselves because all of our friends were busy, but it allowed Benjamin to walk around alot more, stare at the rhinos for a looooong time, and play in the gator area (not real gator, look at picture below.) But we miss you friends, so join us next week. On a side note, we have VBS at church this week. I just want to say PP and Jb, Great job,we are having a blast.
Carter staying cool with his fan, don't worry his fingers and toes are too chubby to reach the blades. It also doubles as a fun toy!
The boys on the train at the beginning.

9 comments:

Pearson Family said...

WE MISS THE ZOO! We are on for next week. Thanks for the props about the zoo, however, the bakery is a HUGE hit with the kids, as well as the helpers. Thanks for all you have done to make it a success!

1literatimommy said...

Yeah zoo! Maybe we can go next week, or at the end of this week.

1literatimommy said...

PS Bejamin look so sweet ridin' the gator! He is all boy.

jenny biz said...

What a fun day!! The VBS bread is the greatest ever!! I could eat a whole loaf!!!

Unknown said...

The VBS bread is awesome. I was so happy to get some tonight since dinner was not on my agenda before VBS! I was starving!!

We love the zoo too. It's such a fun place. I hope we can make it next week too.

courtney said...

Cute pictures, Ang! I need one of those portable fans!!

What's this VBS bread??? I think I need some! :)

amerriman said...

Court - Our VBS is Bethlehem, so the kids come to the bakery and make bread (actually just kneading it and adding cinnamon and sugar) and then for snack they get to eat the bread - bread representing what they ate in Jesus's time!

Amy C said...

Love the pictures and updates on the boys. I feel like I am really missing out on VBS! I am craving bread right now for some reason.

Darby said...

Looks like you guys had a blast...I think that it is so neat that you take them every week! XOXO!