Friday, July 21, 2006

Well, I Did It!!!

Well it was time, or that is what Ryan said! This is a picture of Ben and Daddy after his FIRST HAIRCUT!!! Yes, no more duck tail!
This was the before shot. I asked Ryan to hold up the hair so we could see how long it really was. I do admit, it was long! Benjamin really didn't like it. He did like the rice krispy treat we gave him to settle him down to cut it. After his bath, Ryan looked at me and said "I really think it is time to cut the hair." With hesitation and tears in my eyes, I said okay! Ryan went to get the scissors, and I promptly said, "If my baby's hair is getting cut, I will be cutting it." I think my better half just knew that I needed to do it; so without arguing, he passed over the scissors. I need to admit, there were a few tears in my eyes while cutting. It is silly, I don't know why. I love long hair on little boys. Or maybe it is because he would seem all grown up after the hair cut. I don't know, but I did wait until Ryan insisted! I didn't mind the comments from people (Note to self: Never make a comment about a child's hair to parents!) about the growing wings from the sides of his ears, or the precious duck tail that curled so tight (and was really, I am really long). I did have people ask if the mullet was coming back into style or as Uncle Chad nicknamed him "Billy Ray (Cyrus)".
After the 5 minutes hair chop, I looked at Ben and realized he looked so much older. I do admit the haircut looks great and it was needed! So here is the after shot with no duck tail. If you see us, please do not ask what happened to the curl in the back, I still may cry - j/k!

7 comments:

courtney said...

awwwwwwww! it looks so cute! however, i didn't think it seemed that long when i saw y'all the other day. i thought his little curl was precious!

Amy C said...

Funny how it never really seems that long until they have a good hair cut. He looks so handsome. I love the daddy son picture too. Handsome boys!

Unknown said...

Very cute. I shed a couple of tears at my boys first haircuts too.

Darby said...

Benjamin is such a good boy...sound like you are hanging in there, Mom. I totally understand that it is hard to let go. And...P.S...I thought his little ducktail was cute too!

Pearson Family said...

It does look cute...I can't say much, Parker didn't have any hair until he was 2! I did like the curl.

Kristi Powell! You blog! You must give us the address! When I click it doesn't take me anywhere!

jenny biz said...

The long hair on boys is sure in right now. I think you should talk Ryan into letting it grow out again :)

Margaret K said...

I will miss that cute little curl!!!